Last Updated on March 24, 2022 by Ralph Nyadzi
The latest global digital marketing industry statistics show that the industry is expected to grow to the level of US$786.2 Billion by 2026. According to Yahoo Finance, the global market for digital advertising and marketing was estimated at US$350 Billion in 2020.
DISCLOSURE. This post may contain affiliate links. I will receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you use any link to buy something. Thanks.
Statistica reports a 13% growth in the global digital marketing budget in 2020.
Remember that the major components of the digital marketing industry worldwide are all forms of digital marketing software, jobs in the digital economy, social media, video, content, SEO or search engine optimization, email marketing and automation, and more.
Why You Might Need These Digital Marketing Statistics
I can only assume that you have an interest in blogging or digital marketing in general. You might as well be searching for the right freelancer job opportunities on the market.
Whether you are a professional blogger, an aspiring freelancer, a content marketing executive, a social media marketer, or a small business owner, your knowledge of the latest trends in the global digital marketing space will help you to do the following.
- design an effective content strategy
- build campaigns that convert and deliver the desired ROI
- create the right advertising budget for your business
- know where to target your marketing efforts and more.
- access the best digital marketing jobs out there
I am certain you made the right decision to keep up to speed with the latest statistics from the online marketing industry.
Do you wish to know if our figures are accurate and reliable enough? That is definitely legitimate. Please, scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the list of our sources. That should convince you that you are getting the most reliable information about the current digital marketing industry.
You may now look at the latest figures.
1. Global Digital Marketing Software Market Statistics
Key components of the digital marketing software market are mobile devices such as smartphones, smartwatches and tablets, desktop PCs and application software.
- The estimated value of the Global Digital Marketing Software market as of the year 2020 is pegged at $49.43 billion.
- Estimated Size of Global Digital Marketing Software market in 2021: $ 56. 52 Billion
- Future expectations for growth in the global digital marketing software market estimate a compound annual growth rate of 18.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Europe Digital Marketing Software Market (2020): $49.43 Billion.
Key Players – Global Digital Marketing Software Market
The key players in the global digital marketing software market are
- Hubspot Inc
- Adobe Inc
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Marketo Inc
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Salesforce.com Inc
- SAS Institute Inc
2. Search Engine Optimization Statistics (2019 -)
- Better content has the potential to increase traffic to a blog or webiste up to 2000%
- Google’s share of total organic traffic to blogs by May 2020 was 94%.
- 64% of SEO Marketers say mobile optimization is an effective investment
- 87% of video marketers report that video has increased traffic to their website
- Video is the first choice format marketers used in their content strategy in 2021.
3. Blogging Statistics
- 48% of companies that have a content marketing strategy leverage blogging.
- 56% of marketers who leverage blogging say it is effective in generation return on investment (ROI)
- WordPress bloggers produce about 70 million new blog posts each month.
4. Email Marketing Statistics
- The average industry click-through rate is 2.13%.
- Friday is typically the day with the highest click-through rate, potentially.
- The number of global email users in 2021 was 4.1 billion.
- The number of global email users is set to grow to 4.48 billion users by 2024.
- Email marketing has the second highest return on investment for small businesses.
5. Social Media Statistics
- Linkedin has over 774 million users. About 25% of this number are from the US alone.
- Facebook has over 2 billion monthly active users.
- Pinterest has over 459 million monthly active users globally.
- Women account for 60% of Pinterets’s monthly global users.
- The total number of Instagram users worldwide will hit 1.1 billion in 2022.
- Instagram is the second best performing social media platform after Facebook.
6. Video Marketing Statistics
- In 2020 most videos (about 4.82 million) were less than a minute long.
- The total number of Short-form videos on the web increased by 62% in 2020.
- 46% of marketers who leverage short-form video say it is effective.
- YouTube is the second most visited website in the world.
- There are over 2 billion users navigating the YouTube platform
- Over 49 percent of US YouTube users are above the age of 65.
There is more to come…
We shall be updating this information as time goes on. So please, keep coming back.
Find below an extensive list of our sources for the digital marketing industry growth statistics we give you. They are as reliable as they can get and we trust that you will find the information useful. You may visit the websites for further details.
- Grand View Research
- Omnicore Agency
- Statista – Visit Website
Did you find this article helpful? Then share it on your favourite social media platform by clicking one or more icons below. Thank you very much for sharing.